Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Overly productive









Today, we had a long list of things to do.  Mowing, burning some stuff, I had a meeting to set up the township budget, normal junk.  
I finished my meeting, finished work, ran some errands and came home for lunch.  Preston was mowing. I attempted to help with some burning. I was getting really frustrated with the fact that I couldn’t get it to burn well, when Mallory showed up.  She told me she had started to go to Madison’s to see the girls, but Madison told her she was on her way here.  Within 10 minutes, Madison and the girls showed up!   I live for hilarious Evelyn time and impromptu baby snuggles - my fav!   
Evie wanted to swim.  I told her I would go with her, as I was giving up my pyromania attempts.  We started for the house when I realized it was thundering.  We never got a drop of rain, but also could not take the chance of swimming.   Evelyn still had fun playing with aunt Saige and aunt Harper.  I had fun playing with the baby. It was such a happy surprise.  

The girls left and I cooked a nice dinner and then turned my attention towards the fact that my turtle filter was barely moving any water.   For some completely idiotic reason, I decided to not only tear the entire filtration system apart and  clean it (including the hoses) but also decided to siphon the entire tank dry , clean everything and then refill it with fresh water.  Two hours later, I was cussing my decisions.  I did get it all done, but the turtles were ticked because they spent 2 hours being contained in the tub.  I now smell like smoke, turtle dung, sweat and some avocado/tomato salad dressing I made and then somehow ended up wearing,  as I am a sloppy cook.   Shower is necessary before bed.  I am currently waiting for Quincy to get home so we can discuss a few things pertinent to tomorrow.   I swear, if I ever went to bed early or even on time, or was ever functioning on a full amount of sleep I would probably go into shock.  
The good news is that Jim and I will both be retiring after tomorrow’s power ball drawing.   Maybe I can hire help for my lists!   ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment