Friday, July 14, 2023

Pool day turned into storm day















While I was at work this morning,Evie texted to ask it she could come over to swim after lunch.  I told her we would love to have a pool day!   We got in the water, just got the music going, were having lots of fun, when I thought I heard thunder….but we live not far from Forbes so I wasn’t sure as sometimes I hear what I think is thunder but it is airplane noise.  It was sunny, but due to the trees we can’t see out across the prairie.   We swam about 2-3 more minutes when my phone went off to say there was a severe thunderstorm warning for our area.  Out we went.  Evie was sad, but luckily I had stopped off for snacks on the way home, so getting out wasn’t quite as sad.   

We were getting dressed when a pretty large storm blew up, and the power went out.  Luckily the national weather Mallory was rapid fire texting us updates to keep us informed.   Tornado warning at Tecumseh.  That is too close  for comfort.  We sat in the semi-dark and rocked a sweet baby.   The UPS man delivered a package. I offered to let him wait the storm out so he had access to a basement but he laughed at me.  Tecumseh is like 10 miles away. I was completely serious.   Luckily we just had some wind, vicious lightening and rain.  I was happy to see rain, as my tomatoes needed it!  

Snuggling this sweet girl never gets old!   I told Evie when she was a baby I cried and cried leaving her in Arizona.  She got all sad and very dramatically said “whyyy Grammy?  Why would you leave me there?”   She makes me smile.  I’m so glad I don’t have to leave her!   

If you read this blog you know I jump around a lot, and fill it with randomness.  This morning, I happened to see my friend the red headed woodpecker I have named “Woody” sitting on the deck, I assumed he was waiting for his breakfast, but then I realized he was sitting there sucking down the hummingbird water!  I watched a long time - he drank a lot!   I refilled it and hope he feels free to feed his sugar addition anytime!   This is the same woodpecker (I assume) that Jim and I sat one day and watched pick all the sunflowers out of the bird seed and then he would hop over and stuff them in the banister rail where there were some natural wood holes.   I think he was hiding them from the other birds!   Little glutton.  

Mallory took some photos of the girls.  She is so talented. There is something about this one.  I’m framing it.  

I let the girls get some barn kitties.  This one is named Ponyo.  He is so sweet. He helps me every morning open the pool and get the filters going.  He also sneaks into the house every chance he gets.  He’s not good at being a barn cat.  

I wasn’t the only one who got in baby snuggles today!  Mallory got to watch sweet baby Lawson!   If we busy her up with a different baby, I don’t have to share.  This was a good thing.  


Lauren and Cameron sent me this picture of a tiny lizard.  It is a cute one!
The weekend is going to be filled with simply catching up.   We are behind on everything.  Paperwork, cleaning, grocery getting, following up on a few issues, and laundry.  The laundry issue here is real!  Summer is a time I usually do better, because I constantly have to wash ball uniforms and I HATE when people don’t do full loads.   Since I’m constantly washing uniforms, I keep on top of it. Until the season ends.  Let’s just say that the piles are not pretty.  I also have to work a little bit.  It is not what I’d like to do with days “off” but it’s what I’m going to get to do!  

No comments:

Post a Comment