Sunday, July 30, 2023

Jumpers









Last October, for his 18th birthday, Colin offered to take Preston sky diving.   Preston told him he would get back to him on it.  Colin told him the offer was good whenever.  Preston never got back to him.  At his graduation, Colin told Preston again he would take him sky diving.  Preston originally said no.   But then, Preston went through a period of self reflection. He told me he said no because he was scared (with good reason in my mind).   Preston told me he doesn’t want to live his life not doing things because he is scared, so he called Colin and told him he changed his mind. He got the atta boy and a skydiving date from his brother.   
Colin is an adrenaline junkie.  He loves living his life to the fullest (or the foolishest- if that was a word).  I love the boy, but he tends to love doing things that make me sweat.  
Last time Colin went sky diving, he took Spencer and Cameron.   Cameron said it was a once in a lifetime experience, and once was good for him.  Colin told me he would do it as often as he could.  
Today, Preston jumped from a plane.  He conquered any fear he had, which is a noble thing, (unless fear is a gift from God to stop you from doing stupid things). He is spending the night at Colin’s so I have not seen him to ask about it, but when I texted he told me “it was weird!”    I do not profess to know if weird is bad, or weird is good, but this mom is happy their feet are back on the ground!   

No comments:

Post a Comment