Friday, June 2, 2023

What a week


















Tuesday evening, we had a pretty large storm roll through.   Harper had ball practice that turned into a uniform hand out time, and we had quite a long drive home in the pouring down rain.  We got home in time for it to blow over and give us an amazing rainbow display!    It wasn’t over for long, as we had several more storms roll through over night, dropping anywhere between 4-6 inches of rain depending on who you asked.   
Wednesday morning I woke up to it still coming down, and realizing some parts of my district at work were in flood warnings.   I have a new maintenance person, so I went over with him what needed to be checked, and then went to take a shower.  Since my job is in flood control, we are always busy on these kinds of days.   I was just starting the water when Mallory called. Her floor drain was failing, and her basement was starting to flood.  We quickly made arrangements for Preston to run get a portable sump pump, and to call me when he got back and I’d come help,   That lead to us telling Evie that Aunt Mal installed an indoor swimming pool!  Preston, Mallory and I spent a couple of hours pumping, and sweeping water.  It was not good.  

These photos are weird, but Saige’s coach had sliding practice.  She used a slip and slide.  The girls had a lot of fun!   Jim took her so that I could have girl’s night with a couple of friends.  It was much needed after a crazy day!   


We also have 4 liters of baby rabbits.  So far, the moms seem to be taking care of them.  

I’m not attached….you’re attached.   Baby rabbits are not cute when they are born, but in 2-3 weeks, we should possess the cutest baby animal ever created!  The girls are hoping there will be at least a couple to show this summer.  More time is needed to see what we are working with.   Keep your fingers crossed for the girls little project.  J


Last night, Saige had a game at Lyndon.  Mallory turned in a claim to her insurance, and they agree there was damage.  Part of the insurance’s requirement to getting it fixed was to call in the restoration people to treat for mold and fungi.   Mallory discovered that she could save $1000 by agreeing to tear out the flooring and vanity herself.  I encouraged this highly, because it makes me mad when I have to pay for demo.  Jim stopped by before he left for the game, and saw that she was struggling. He told her to take a break and come watch the game with him, and then after the game, we would help her.   She agreed to this plan.  After the game, we all worked together to get the flooring and vanity out.  I was so proud of how hard the kids worked.  I thought it was a floating floor.  It was not.  It was held in place with some of the most vile glue I’ve ever seen.  It was a process, and a ton of work.  We finished about 12:30 this morning.   The good news Mallory saved $1000.   The bad need- she’s only up about $900 because she had to agree to taking all of us out for dinner in the near future!  Honesty, we don’t mind helping but that glue had us all so frustrated, I am pretty sure we all considered burning her house down for her.  ;)

It was also sort of sad, this was pretty flooring and it was a shame that it got ruined.  I hate tearing out stuff that looks good.   It was wet underneath a lot of it, so I am sure it was the right choice though!   When I was at work this morning, Saige texted to  ask if it was normal that her hands were really sore.  I told her to consider herself lucky it was only her hands, as my entire body hurts today!   

We have made it to Friday, however the weekend is not looking very much like a relaxing one!  Lots going on!  Weekend is never bad though!  

I’ll leave you with a little friend we found on the deck.  I believe it is a blue tailed skink, although his tail was broken off, so it was sort of hard to tell.  Evelyn loves him though!   I do enjoy watching how they can run headfirst down the back side of the deck!  Agile little fellow!   I hope he sticks around.  We could use a few more friends right?   









whjaaNawuu

No comments:

Post a Comment