Monday, September 28, 2026

In my opinion....

 

Weekends should be longer.  I suggest we add Monday to the weekend.  Nobody likes Monday anyway, might as well try to make it more popular by giving it a weekend vibe.  
If I ever get in charge, that is the first order of business.  
We did have a great weekend, and I was definitely not ready to return to work.  I did get up, shower, drive small children to school, and showed up for work, and even accomplished a couple of things!  I didn't want to though!

These 2 were out shopping for outfits for the baptism.  I was sad the hats didn't seem to make the final cut!  





Sunday seems to have been a perfect day for fishing.  Wren caught a couple of nice ones - and she was excited about getting to throw them back!

And after seeing these photos, I am now aware of why Evie calls Cameron the "tiny fish catcher!" 


Thank you for the photos Tatum!


Last week, I took an online class on how to propagate my blackberry and blueberry plants.  Before we took off for Wichita, I got up and helped the girls with chores, and then made 13 little new starts off of my blackberry plants.  I have no idea if I did it right, but the steps seemed simple enough.  I set everything up on the front porch, and when I was done, I pushed them back against the wall.  My intent is to take them to my office for the winter, where they can sit inside by a window and hopefully grow big enough to be transplanted outside in the spring.  I left the dogs outside while we were gone.  Someone (Maude) ate some of my cuttings.  I was NOT very happy!  I did redip them in the rooting powder, and replanted them.  I guess we shall see if it works or not!
I spent part of Sunday working on propagating some blueberry bushes, and picking herbs and drying them.  I am thrilled that my pepper plants are all bloomed out again, and that the stuff I planted in a fall garden is all up and looking happy!  Maybe I will get a few more things to eat or can out there!  Side note - it is so much nicer to work outside in the garden when it is in the 70's!
I would be out there doing more, but Monday just has to be a workday!


No comments:

Post a Comment