Monday, January 11, 2010

Back to Reality - take 2



When I see this photo, I can't help but think of that old cheer - U-G-L-Y You ain't got no alibi - you're UGLY! This photo doesn't do the storm that we had justice - this is actually what used to be my front yard...under about a foot of snow with drifts that measure about 3 or 4 feet. Because of this, and the terrible wind chill of 30 below, we have been stranded in the house even though we were supposed to go back to work/school last week. It has been so many years since I have seen this much snow it isn't even funny. I do remember what it was like to live on the farm and deal with this, and frankly, I am glad I don't own any livestock! This week should be better - forecasts for the 40's mean that this should all melt - which will make this momma very happy!













Although the weather has been awful, and the big kids have been a little bit crazy and bored, Harper continues to be a true blessing to our family. She is so sweet, and hardly ever cries. The kids all seem to be adapting to having her around really well...almost like she has always been here. She will be a month old tomorrow - hard to imagine that a month has gone by since that 3am wake up call of tremendous back pain! I am enjoying being back at work - I was very lucky that the woman whose job I got when she retired was willing to come out of retirement for me (and postpone their annual winter stay in Arizona). I had no worries when I was gone, since she had worked there for so long and knows more about my job than I do! Still, getting back on a schedule feels good, and I am one of those weird people who actually likes my job (at least most days)!
The kids have jumped headlong back into activities this week - Cam has his first basketball game this weekend and Colin is scheduled to be in 2 wrestling tournaments. The girls class offered a reward trip to those who qualified...you had to go a semester with no late papers, no detentions and no in or out of school suspensions...therefore Mallory and Madison get to go on a trip to try skiing for the first time. They are pretty excited. I am hoping that they enjoy themselves with no injuries! Pair that with both Jim and I having board meetings, sports practices, country line dancing practice for 4-H, Religion Ed starting back up, and a few other parent meetings and I can officially say that we are back into the swing of things here at our house! Bye Bye time off! Hello reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment