Sunday, January 31, 2010

Weekend of Fun













The kids 4-H group is doing another line dance for county club days. Mallory, Madison and Colin are all participating (Cam can't do it this year since he will have a basketball game on the competition day). They had practice on Friday night, and they are really starting to look good! The practice was followed by the annual 4-H lock-in and I think that the kids had a great time playing games and eating pizza! Well, everyone had fun that is, except for Harper, she didn't seem overly impressed with the event!


We followed up our wild Friday evening with Colin wrestling yesterday in Wamego. He had his first really good day of wrestling for this season, and took second place. I took some pictures at the tournament, but I think I was too far away and they are all very dark. I don't dare get any closer or he would be hearing my yelling over his coaches! I tend to get a little excited! He had one match where he pinned a kid a few seconds in - it was so much fun to watch!


While I was in Wamego, Jim took Cameron to play basketball in Osage City. He had a great game, and his team won.

When we all got home, Jim helped with a ham and bean dinner for PRIDE, we decided to eat there, so I didn't have to cook. I even got a piece of key lime pie, so it was a really good night! OK actually, with KSU losing to that other team in Kansas, it wasn't a REALLY good night - I am pretty sure that if the game had gone on for one more minute I would have had to take either Cameron or Jim to the hospital for a stroke or a heart attack or something. My house was rather loud, and some of the language got a little bit colorful. I made sure that Jim apologized to the neighbors today!

Now we are all trying to get caught up on homework, housework and other stuff so that we can start off February. I have lost another month. I turned our calendar over this morning so I could plan for the week and was amazed that the whole month is full of stuff already!

No comments:

Post a Comment