Saturday, January 16, 2010

Reflections on a wild week

















Quincy with her "platypus" - yes she does watch too much tv!
































Girlie grew cheeks - and attitude!























































All activities were back up and running this week. The kids actually got in a full week of school, and I got in work! I have to admit that it felt good to be back in the real world again. We have had a pretty good week, except for Jim who had to endure a major water main break at work - when I say endure I mean that he had lots of activity in his office - both helping to try to locate the break and trying to keep the public informed on what was going on. This predicament lasted for 2 days with no water, and then a couple more days of us being in a boil advisory. All is well now, and Jim had big excitement when he was on the news!
Colin wrestled in a tournament in Olathe today. Madison voluntarily went to wrestling since it was held at the Great Mall of the Plains. She enjoyed shopping while we waited for Colin's matches. I have to admit that this was one of the more enjoyable tourneys that I have been to - lots of space for everyone to spread out, tons of food available, so the lines weren't too long, and tons and tons of bathroom stalls, so no waiting in line. Colin did not have his best day, he won one and lost 2 to be in 5th place. He will wrestle again tomorrow, so we are hoping he has a better day. The drive to Olathe is usually very easy, and takes right at an hour. This morning however, it was complicated by a fog that made it seem like driving through milk. Luckily we had no problems other than having to drive slowly...there was a large pile up on I-35 so I was happy not to be involved in that mess!
Cameron played in 2 basketball games today. Jim handled basketball. I was told that Cam played really well, and they won their first game. I made it back from wrestling in time to see the last minute or so of his 2nd game, and even though they lost, it looked to me like they played pretty well.
The girls had a great time at Snowcreek, and said that they enjoyed getting the opportunity to try skiing. Madison fell in a ditch and decided maybe it isn't her sport. Mallory made it several levels, but then decided that she was NOT ready to be on any big hills! I am glad they had fun and tried it out.
Harper got to go to her first religion ed class - as the girls were at Snowcreek and Jim had city council I had to take her with me. My first graders were happy to meet her, and even though she was a bit of a distraction, we still got our lessons done. Harper also got to go to her first PTO meeting, first basketball practice, first wrestling tournament and first basketball game this week. Call her a busy baby!

1 comment: