Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Back to Reality

After having a nice maternity leave, I went back to work today. Of course, with the weather being as bad as it is, I am seriously considering taking tomorrow off - or at least going in after Jim gets home so I don't have to drag Harper out in the 30 below zero wind chill that they are forecasting for tomorrow. The kids have already been given the day off tomorrow from school. I have been realizing that if we were going to have any more babies, we should have really plan to have in them the spring or summer - this poor girl drowns in blankets, jackets, hats, etc. every time we have to set foot outside, and I can tell that she isn't enjoying it much! Of course, I can't remember the last time that we had a 'real' winter...it hasn't been like this for several years. So much for global warming!
On the other hand, the big kids aren't complaing one bit about the weather - it means days off and freedom from school for them....little do they realize that they will have to make up the time!

1 comment:

  1. your favorite daughterJanuary 7, 2010 at 2:06 PM

    Mutter, the eight graders will still get out before the others. ;)

    ReplyDelete