Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!

Well, I might be a tad late in updating this for 2010, but Happy New Year anyhow! We had a nice quiet new year's evening - we went to church for the holy day, and then came home and had a nice time watching movies, eating junk food, and ordered pizza for the kids. We had an opportunity to go to a couple of different places, but it was really nice to stay home. This was the first year in I don't know how long that we didn't celebrate with my grandma's rockin' new years eve party - but with her being sick it was just out of the question! The kids didn't think that we could do the holiday right at home, and they might have been right, after all, what is new years eve without my crazy drunk cousins, my cheating at card playing uncles, and my we cook too much food unless an army shows up aunts! We managed though! Next year!

I'm starting to realize that my days of being home with a newborn are vanishing. We are back on the crazy weekend events and going to have to get back on a schedule with the kids going back to school and me going back to work this week. I loved being home, and am sort of sad at the thought of schedules, and going out in the cold, but I know that reality is going to set in big time! Jim, Colin and Cameron are at the Harlem Globetrotter game right now, courtesy of our wonderful neighbor Bev. What a nice Christmas gift! From there, Colin is invited to a birthday party and Jim and Cam are going to do our shopping. Tomorrow after church, we all are working at Colin's wrestling club's tournament. Colin can't wrestle in this one because its a novice only tourney - the kids and Jim are going to work tables, run, and work concession stands. I hope that they will be successful and make some money on the event!

My mom is back in the hospital with an infection. Hopefully she won't be there for long. She seems to be in good spirits and not much pain, so we are keeping fingers crossed that she will get to come home soon!

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to you and yours! Love ya!
    Adreinne

    ReplyDelete