Monday, July 19, 2010

Fun Weekend


We had a really fun weekend. We started out with Aunt Grace coming for a visit. We had a great time visiting with her (Grace - I am too old to stay up until 3 am unless I can sleep all day on Saturday - for the record!). As usual, Grace and I have solved all the world's problems and you all can rest now!
The boys have agreed to fill in on a baseball team in Topeka for the rest of this month. Jim took them to their game on Saturday morning. Cam played catcher and I believe he got a little bit overheated (they are used to playing at night). Colin got a grand slam and another homerun too. He got the game ball and had a great time! I pulled the bad mom card and said they can fill in but I am not going to these games because we are DONE playing ball!!! Jim was more than happy to take them and watch more ball - he loves, loves, loves ball!
Saturday night I went to a birthday party for my oldest friend Adreinne. Her husband planned a surprise party for her, but ended up telling her the day before. I guess the suspense got to him. He hired a karaoke man and yes, I did sing! It was a great time and we are all the bestest singers!
My mom is still in the hospital, but we are hoping that she will be coming home tomorrow. They will try to sew her up this afternoon and if it looks good then she can come home. I hope that this will be the end for her, God willing, she has been through enough!
Since I knew when ball would end, I have made the kids a ton of appointments for this week...dentist, eye doctor, etc. I know it needs to be done, so I guess we will endure all the trips to town. It is good to have these things done before school starts back up I suppose! Running is my middle name!

1 comment: