Monday, July 26, 2010

Quiet


It has been a quiet few days around here. I have been enjoying the time "off" as I see the county fair coming and that colliding with football practices for the boys and school starting. It is nice to have the time to relax, hang out with the kids, and just enjoy being together. We have started up again on the basement finishing. Once we got the walls up in Mallory's room we figured out that due to the way we laid it out, the only electrical outlet is in her closet. Needless to say, we are willing to try most things ourselves, and I have been impressed with Jim's ability to teach himself how to do stuff, but we were unwilling to try electrical work! We will be hiring an electrician I hope by the end of the week.


My work has been a bit insane with me having to have a bigger part in maintenance for now, and so I have been very busy, but I figure the extra hours will come in handy when buying school supplies, and it does make the days go by faster!


My mom seems to really be doing well after her last surgery, and we are all praying that this is the end of the surgeries for her! The girls have been hanging out with her in the afternoons on "pig patrol" but they have really enjoyed bonding with her and have been using her "Cricut" machine and having a blast designing things for their new bedroom walls!

And we have to face a Popsicle addiction here at our house - all the kids are in love with those crazy cheap plastic tube Popsicles -- but Harper is truly a junky. If she sees anyone eating one she goes completely bonkers - screaming until someone will share with her. Quincy and Preston have started eating them outside so they won't lose theirs to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment