Friday, July 23, 2010

glasses girl


We ran a million errands today, and despite swearing that I would NEVER take Quincy back to the eye doctor's office when she wasn't getting an eye exam, that is exactly what I did. And she didn't wait any better this time than she did last time. I learn lessons the hard way, and then have to learn them over and over again! Our eye doctor is so quiet and soft spoken...he is one of those very gentle, feminine-type men who just reeks of kindness. So how do I thank him for being so kind? By reeking havoc on his office - of course! Anyhow, he examined Mallory and then tells me - she could probably use glasses....but her eyes are not so bad that she couldn't live without them....however it may reduce the eye strain she is having, and it may help her once school starts if she is trying to see across the room, and it might be a good idea as she starts to think about driving, but it is totally up to you....you can get her glasses or not. I am NOT sure how to respond to this - why so ambiguous? So I decided that if it was questionable she should just get them. Colin also needed new glasses today. Now, we had already waited for an hour and a half by this point, and Preston and Quincy were DONE....Colin tried on several pairs of glasses, looking at them, considering them all, and knowing full well that he should pick something he likes because then you are STUCK with them for a LONG time. Mallory walked over to the rack, plucked up a pair of glasses and handed them to the guy. I suggested she, at the very least TRY THEM ON! At least she was quick!!
We went from there to the doctor's office for Harper's 6 month shots. Yep, folks days like this are just grand! Harper was so upset - she was insulted by my putting her down, then was even more insulted by the oral polio vaccine, and we hadn't even poked her legs at that point! Poor little girl! I will happily say that there are no stores, shops, doctors offices or any other places that I didn't venture into today, but I got it all DONE and so we are free this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment