Thursday, July 22, 2010

Monster




Since ball season has ended, we have reclaimed our evenings with other activities. This evening, Colin and Cam talked Jim into fishing. (It wasn't a hard sell). Jim caught a 20 pound catfish and was like a kid on Christmas morning! I especially like the part where I notice my husband with his whole hand inside the fish's mouth (trying to remove the hook). He invited Quincy to put her hand inside his mouth too, but luckily, Quincy said no....probably because I freaked out a little bit. Notice that these photos are taken after dark? Well, that is because even when our neighbors have long since been in bed, my family is outside, playing with fish, running around, and probably getting on the sleeping people's nerves!
This has been a week of appointments for everyone from the cars to the kids. The problem with appointments is that they seem to breed more appointments. Preston and Quincy both had a cavity, so we have to go back to the dentist (note to self: marshmallow fluff does not make a good substitute for toothpaste). The dentist did not want to see me on the same day as them (I could see the fear in their eyes at the thought of me being in a chair in the back and the kids being unsupervised). More appointments! Sometimes that is the downfall of living outside of the 'big' town.
Other than appointments and playing we are just trying to push some pigs into eating in the heat. There is only one who I am worried about - Barack O'bacon does not seem to be filling out the way the others are. We have 3 weeks to get him to gain about 60 pounds or so. Maybe we should try the cake dots that Madison made today - serious weight gain!

No comments:

Post a Comment