Sunday, October 23, 2011

Tales from the too-short weekend

The kids had Friday off school....so I thought it would be a great day to take them all to the Pumpkin Patch. BUT, when they came home from school on Thursday I realized that this was just not going to happen! Colin got invited to go to Worlds of Fun with some of his friends, Mallory and Madison had band rehearsal, and it was Cow Pie Bingo night at the high school football game, and I was summoned to come out to help set everything up. Luckily, my dad was willing to help us by letting us use his catch pen, and then he was also willing to educate all the band people on how to properly construct a catch pen!


I was sad about not getting to go to the pumpkin patch, but I am hoping that next weekend will work a little better!




Cameron agreed to do advertising for the band, so long as he could watch the football game too! He did a great job of walking through the stands and reminding people that we were selling tickets and this was the last chance to get in on the action! I think the band raised quite a bit of money, and I am definitely happy to have this little project over with!



The girls were a little concerned that the band didn't sound as good as they could have, but I thought they did a great job!






Saturday morning, Cameron's football team had their football tournament. Jim had to go to a work retreat, so I was all alone in not knowing how long I was going to be stranded in North Topeka! Cam's team played really great, but lost out in the first round. They had a good season I think, and Cam learned a lot! This momma is happy the season is over though, because I would like to sleep in a little on Saturday mornings! (Like that will happen!!)






While I was at the football tournament, Madison took Quincy to a skating party. I really appreciated Madison doing some of the running for me this weekend! Madison was very impressed with how fast Quincy picked up skating - especially considering she had never been before. I suspect it is because the child had absolutely NO fear! It is much easier to learn to do things when you don't worry about getting hurt! Quincy was very happy at having won the limbo, and getting a tube of candy lipstick!



Saturday evening we went to a first birthday party for my nephew! I cannot believe how fast that year went by! The kids had a lot of fun helping him celebrate!






The boy liked his cake!




Saturday night we also celebrated Preston's birthday. He had a slumber party with 5 of his friends. Jim took them all fishing, and we cooked and ate dinner at the city lake. They then came back and spent the night. I think it was a good idea to take them to the city lake, let them run like mad and fish and play on the playground, because they were tired! They played (very loudly) really well together, and we had no fighting, and when I plugged in a movie for them, every one of them was out within 20 minutes!




Preston had a great time at his party, and was very pleased with his fish cake from grandma!



And I was pleased that the boys slept, got along, and I did not go into labor with all those extra kids here!





Preston and Quincy played flag football today. They are having a lot of fun playing, and it was nice to have an hour to sit down- the weather was nice and I enjoyed being outside!




Next weekend, the kids have Friday and Monday off school....I wonder if a four day weekend will go by as quickly and busily as the three day one did?

No comments:

Post a Comment