Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pumpkin patch (finally)































We finally made it to the pumpkin patch today. I admit that this is more for me than for the kids....I love to go! Preston, Quincy and Harper had a marvelous time! It was not a perfect trip because Jim had Colin and Cameron working on tearing out a ball field for the city, but after multiple attempts to get there and failing, it was today or forget it this year! I was not willing to forgo the trip, so I went a couple of kids short. The boys did not really care! They did want a pumpkin to carve, so I picked out a couple....but as far as the trip to the patch, well they are more mature than that! Mallory and Madison were dragged against their will - I think the sunshine and fresh air did them good! I also refused to leave unless they got their photo taken by the "how tall this fall" sign. If you look close, you can see mortified looks and eye rolling! Oh well, the advantage of paying their cell phone bill is that sometimes I can use it to get things I want!


I am glad we went, it was fun. I am however, sorry that I watched a special on the Dust Bowl a few days ago on the History channel.....as I watched the dirt blowing and was almost choking on it in the pumpkin patch, it kind of gave me a creepy feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment