Sunday, October 2, 2011

v-i-c-t-o-r-y!!!





Cameron's football team finally won a game! He was pretty excited! And so were we! I had missed his last 2 games, so I was happy that if they were going to have a great game, they waited until I could be there! ;)

He had been staying at a friend's house overnight, and only after we were at the game and he was dressed, did I realize that the elastic in one of his red socks was shot. We have other red socks, but for yesterday it was easy to pick him out because he was the kid with the socks rolled down like an old lady! Never fear, I threw that pair in the trash yesterday!


Colin started his Confirmation classes this morning. I asked him what they talked about and his response was "something in the Bible" - I guess that is good??? I can tell I am going to have a hard time getting information from him on the class! I did tell him that the teacher for Confirmation likes to ask the kids "why are you here?" and the common response is "my parents are making me" so I suggested he come up with a different answer. He told me that the teacher was most impressed with his "to get closer to God" answer! Maybe it shouldn't count though, since I let him know ahead of time what the question was going to be?

Harper has a croaky throat. She does not seem to have any other cold symptoms, so I am not sure what is going on with her, but her voice reminds me of one of Marge Simpson's sisters! She also has really started getting ticked off if we go outside or into the basement without her! She bangs on the door and says 'hey - no no!' Forget going to the freezer or she will peek through the cat door and yell at you!


Happily, this was a weekend with no fundraisers whatsoever to run off to! Don't remember the last weekend we had that was fundraiser free! Unfortunately, I am working on cleaning out summer clothes and getting the warmer stuff out of the attic. As a summer lover, it makes me sad to pack away shorts! But I know that sending your kids to school in shorts in the fall/winter results in your getting a note from the school informing you that you need to dress your child appropriately for the weather. I don't like to get notes from school, so I guess we will be finding the jeans and long sleeves! I suppose while I am rummaging in the attic, it would be a good idea to start locating the baby clothes and other baby stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment