Monday, October 10, 2011

Weekend Flashback

Every single Friday, I get so excited about the weekend. I always think about how much stuff we are going to get done, and how we are going to sleep in, and how I am going to enjoy spending time with my kids. Every Sunday night, I wonder where the heck the weekend went. :)


Friday night, Quincy's dance camp group performed at the halftime show of the football game. She did a great job, despite telling me she did not want to go! (School kicks her in the pants, by Friday, she is very tired and grumpy!) Colin told her if she performed he would buy her candy....that seemed to do the trick! Colin did not mention that the money used to purchase the candy would need to come from my pocket!! Oh well, she did the dance, she looked pretty cute, and all the girls did a great job! I think it was a success!



After the girls' dance camp performance, the band finished out the halftime show. The band is (and I am not merely biased here) fabulous! They really work hard, and sound awesome! Cam was my photographer, and he had the camera settings wrong I think, so the photos are a bit grainy, but you can get the idea!

I had to sell Cow Pie Bingo tickets for the band' s trip to NY this spring. I think we were successful there too!
The boys (including the old one) were all excited to have so many reasons to go watch the football game!


Saturday morning, Cam played in one of the roughest little kid football games ever! It was not a good example of how these games usually are. I have really never seen anything like it, parents upset, coaches upset, and kids playing dirty.....I hope we won't have to face this team in the tournament!


After Cam's game, Jim took all the kids to Walmart and I went with my mom and sister to Andover to see my grandpa, who was recently put into a nursing home there. I had a fun time hanging out with my nephew, who also went along for the ride! He is so stinking funny - makes all sorts of noises, growls, howls, and we now know, does not much care for Jr. Mints! Sorry about the stained up shirt!

Sunday Preston and Quincy started their flag football season. Quincy is on a team full of boys, but that didn't stop her from getting a touchdown and a couple of great flag pulls! She likes football! Now if I could just get her to stop playing with her mouthpiece while shes on the field!


The boys on the team told her that their team is called the "mean machine" - she informed me on the way home no matter what they say - their team is called the 'silver bullets' - I have no doubt that she is right!!




Preston's game taught me a very important lesson - just because a pair of shorts appears to have a drawstring does not mean that the drawstring will hold up your pants! Poor kid had to run around holding up his shorts - until Jim fixed it by using the flag belt to hold them up! Screening of the pants will be done much more carefully from now on!


And the save of the weekend goes to Mallory- Preston's game got done right about dinner time yesterday. Jim and I have been trying to save money - spend less etc. We had almost decided to order pizza when Mallory texted me to say she was cooking breakfast for dinner. Thanks Mallory for saving us all that money!!

No comments:

Post a Comment