Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Little Christmas

 We started out our Christmas festivities a bit early with a gathering of Jim's family.  I forgot my camera, so I had to steal these off of Jim's brother's facebook page.  (Thank you Steve).  We had a nice evening of visiting and the little kids were thrilled with their light up pillows!  Harper had a wonderful time fixing up Grandpa Ken, his hair has never looked better! 

 Christmas eve, we spent at my brother's house with my family.  Every year, we try to get a photo of all the cousins together, and every year, I am amazed at how crazy of photos they are.  Even telling them they cannot open any gifts unless they stand nicely does not work!  :)  We tried right?



 We had a very nice evening of visiting with family, and the kids got lots of good loot! 

 My nephew loved the helicopter that we gave him (a little payback toy - revenge really IS a dish best served cold!). 
 We have spent today with our family here at home.  It has been an enjoyable day.  The kids and I served at the 10:00 am mass, and I am once again amazed at how empty Christmas day mass is.  I guess everyone must attend Christmas eve.  I love Midnight mass, but with little ones, it is especially hard to endure! 
Cameron was up before early and I insisted that he wait until a reasonable hour.  Besides, at his age, most of his gifts were clothes.....nothing too exciting that couldn't wait until the sun came up!  :)
 Mallory and Madison both had to work today, so I am cooking our Christmas dinner and we will eat when they get home.  I am very proud of them.  It is not easy to pull yourself away from home on the holiday and go to work.  It is important that the residents are fed though, and someone has to do the job, so I am happy that they did so without complaining.  They are good kids!  I think the promise of  time and a half didn't hurt their attitude though! 








 Harper's gift to Madison.  Each year, we give the kids some money and expect them to buy gifts for each other.  This year, Cameron helped Harper.  Enough said.




 Saige loves her new baby.  She couldn't even put it down long enough to eat some fruit loops! 
 Quincy did her own wrapping this year.  She ran out of regular tape, so she finished the job with some painters tape she found in the garage.  Mallory spent a long time getting the gift out of the tape! 
Colin made Jim and I a bench at school in shop class.  It is a very nice bench, and we are excited to have it to set by the door to sit on while putting on our shoes!  He did a great job!

We have had a wonderful Christmas.  And once again, we proved that nothing is over like Christmas!  :)  Hope yours was great, filled with unexpected blessings and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment