Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Catching Up

I have been absent from blogging or from the computer in general for a few days.   I had surgery last Friday.  For the most part, the surgery went very well, and I have not had any complications other than the fact that in general I just don't like being a patient very much.  Jim has tried very hard to keep me company, and keep me from popping out staples.  Despite his best efforts, I am feeling a bit stir crazy.  Saige and Harper have been good nurses, and I have now completely caught up on kids cartoon shows! 
 While I was in the hospital, Preston and Quincy took a little vacation to Silver Dollar City with my cousin.  They had a most wonderfully awesome time, and it definitely beat making trips back and forth to Topeka to visit me in the hospital.

 I am super excited that the library project has begun.  The building is now demolished and construction on the new expansion is fully underway.  My intent is to take photos along the journey, so here are the before shots!

 Colin was very proud of himself both for purchasing his first truck, and for making varsity wrestling.  He had his first varsity meet, which I was sad to miss, but Jim kept me informed.  The meet did not go as well as he would have liked, but he will definitely have a lot more meets to go to!
 The 4-H club had a Christmas Dance.  I didn't go, but I heard awesome stories!


No comments:

Post a Comment