Monday, December 31, 2012

Goodbye 2012

 We may not have had a white Christmas, but we are definitely having a white New Years Eve!  The kids had a ton of fun playing in this snow, which made the yard look like a snow globe, and even though it was cold, the wind did not blow, so the kids had a lot of fun playing in it for quite a while today!





 When I was a kid, and into my adulthood, with our older kids, we always seemed to be at my grandma's house for the New Year.  I remember making confetti for hours and waiting for Dick Clark to ring in the New Year.  And then cleaning up said confetti for a couple more hours, all at grandma's house surrounded by her brothers and sisters, and all my aunts, uncles and cousins.  We played pitch and it was always a ton of fun.  The older kids have great memories of these New Years Eve parties, and Cam even told me that Grandma taught him to play beer pong (using Dr. Pepper of course).  The kids were reminiscing about it this afternoon.  Some of my cousins are trying to recreate grandma's parties, however, with the weather being kind of gross, as well as having little ones to drag, we opted to stay home this year.  Madison and I cooked up a feast, and we are now waiting for who ever is the new Dick Clark to tell us that 2013 has arrived. 
Harper did not make it.....and neither did Saige.

I did get a kick out of the girls this afternoon.  They had to work at the nursing home's New Year's party.  They had a ton of games and food, and even had a ball drop - at 5 pm!  Madison said most of the residents start going to bed at 7, no way would they make it until midnight!  From the sounds of things, it was a nice (early) party!

2012 was a pretty good year.  I am looking forward to 2013, but with it brings the big girls senior year of high school, which makes me a little sad.....the years fly by too, too fast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment