Sunday, January 6, 2013

Unimpressed

 So far, I have been unimpressed by 2013.  With it, we learned that my beloved van needs to "be buried" or so says our mechanic.  And we have battled the stomach flu.  It is racing through our house at the speed of light, leveling everyone in its path! 

 We also got all pumped up to watch the Fiesta Bowl, and were disappointed that the Cats did not do as well as we hoped.  We know it was a good season, but it was still sad to see them get to that place and lose!
 I have really enjoyed the kids being home, and having few activities to run off to.  I don't know if I mentioned it on here, but Colin did get his farm permit, so he is legal to drive himself to and from school events now.  This means that he has been able to drive himself to wrestling practices, which as been awesome!   Cam has had basketball practice, but they run a bus for that.  He is very pumped up to have made the "A" team, and is supposed to play in his first game tomorrow evening.  We are keeping our fingers crossed that the flu epidemic will be a thing of the past by tomorrow, as I know the type of sadness that will come from him having to give over his spot to someone else.  This is the last night of Christmas Vacation, and the kids all head back to school on Tuesday.
As for the van, I believe we will keep ours, and just use it to drive around here in town.  We are searching for a new van for me to drive the kids to all of their activities, doctor appointments etc.  It is not a process that I enjoy very much, both because I loved our old van, and because I don't enjoy spending money very much!  We did test drive a van on Friday, and we quickly returned it to the dealership because we were afraid of being stranded.  Needless to say, the search continues! 

The little kids have started to get a little bit stir crazy and I overheard a conversation that went like this:

Quincy:  Yankee Saigie went to town riding on a Harper!

Harper:  NOBODY RIDES ON ME!

Quincy:  Its just a song I made up.

Harper:  NOBODY RIDES ON ME EVER!

Quincy:  I can sing anything I want to and you can't stop me.

Harper:  Then I am going to bite you and then tell mom! 

Time for school to start back up I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment