Thursday, January 17, 2013

Roller Coaster

 I posted a few days back about how I was unimpressed with 2013 so far.  Well, it has been a roller coaster for sure.  As a matter of fact, I am not sure how much roller coaster riding that Jim and I should be doing at our ages!  :)  Harper gave herself a haircut.  The more I tried to "fix" it, the more horrifying it became.  It will grow back is our new mantra.  We got an offer on our house.  This was a really high point.  We are cautiously optimistic.  The loan for the buyers is through the VA, and we are not really sure what we have gotten into....there is a whole house inspection on Monday.  I am praying and trying to leave this in God's hands.  It is really out of our control anyhow.  The unfortunate part of this is that I have really never been good at letting things go.  I have an obsessive compulsive brain and a real desire to play and replay all the "what if" scenarios.  Needless to say, Jim is as always the voice of reason.  
 This morning, as I was taking Preston and Quincy to school, a lady ran through a yield sign and smashed into my van.  I am sad about this, as it appears that my beloved van is totaled, but we are feeling blessed and thankful that nobody (including the lady or her small daughter) was hurt.  Scared, bumped around and disappointed that we have to say goodbye to our Vannah, but glad too because it could have been so much worse.  The accident was not my fault, and we will be getting a rental van, and hopefully a check for my green girl soon. 
 I always like to say we drive them until the wheels fall off.  I never meant it literally!
Things I learned today:

1.  Singing the State Farm jingle does NOT make the State Farm agent show up at the accident scene, no matter what the TV says.

2.  Enterprise Rental does not "pick you up" if you live in Overbrook.

3.  Having kids in the car when you are in an accident, plus having the accident inside the small, small city limits means that everyone in town will know about it, and you will spend an incredible amount of time on the phone retelling what happened.

4.  My husband can flat move his butt if he thinks his wife or kids are in any type of danger.  Sorry I made you run again Jim!  (He was 2 blocks away at City Hall when I called and asked him to come over because I was waiting on the police accident report and didn't want the little girls to wait outside-- a lot of people saw him running from city hall!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment