Friday, January 11, 2013

Band Aide

 I have not made the time to go to any high school basketball games to listen to Mallory and Madison's pep band.  Truth be told, I don't know many of the kids on the basketball team, and I just don't enjoy wrestling the little ones to watch other people's kids play.  I asked the girls if they would at least take some photos of the band or of each other, and this is what I got.
 Madison did accurately point out that it is rather difficult to play in the band and photograph yourself.  Good point!
I will try to go out and listen to them play before the season ends.  Cameron loves to go watch the high school play, and he loves to sit with the band.  However, the girls do not enjoy him hanging out in the band, so they have banished him.  He is now required to sit in the student section, Colin is not as easily embarrassed!  Cam's big goal is for our school to get more school spirit.  So far, I am told he is the only one participating in this little plan of his! 

Colin pulled a muscle in his rib cage at the wrestling tournament last weekend, so he is out this week.  He is feeling much better, but he is a little sad about being out for a big tournament this weekend.  I am glad he is healing, and relieved that he will be ok,  but we have a showing on our house Sunday, so it worked out ok, cause now we have more time to clean.

I am also sad to say that my uncle Ernie passed away yesterday.  He had been battling cancer.  Cancer sucks.  Ernie was a great man, a great father, and a great Italian cook.  He was also a ruthless pitch player!  We will all miss him!  RIP Ernie.

No comments:

Post a Comment