Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Shark week

 I told the kids that they needed some fresh air and sunshine and was told "no way mom, its shark week."  Even Saige seemed to be into learning if Megaladon is possibly still alive.
 Cam did take a momentary break to attend a 4-H meeting where they had a stick horse rodeo for recreation.  He bragged wholeheartedly because he won....he was racing a 7 year old.  Ahem.

 We have been spending some evenings at the park, when our plans aren't ruined with the weather.  We have to go to enrollment tomorrow, and neither the kids nor I am ready to give up on the summer vacation idea.

 It is also fair week.  We are looking forward to a low key fair this year, and have not really gotten very much done in the way of projects.  We will be selling some big old pigs, so I think that is a good thing!
  Mallory and Madison are already started back for band practices and band camp is this week.  They don't really seem to be super excited about marching in the heat and humidity, or about the incoming freshmen band kids for that matter!  They said training them is going to be difficult!  :)





When we walk, the cat likes to tag along.  I hope she won't do this when the kids start school!  She does seem to enjoy hanging out with us at the park though!

Jim and I also looked into the possibility of buying a foreclosed manufactured home this week.  We learned a lot about the banking process, and now have good reasons to never, ever purchase a manufactured home, because even though they are very nice, banks apparently hate them.  The process of looking, learning and waiting I admit has gotten to be a bit much for me.  I am completely committed to building now.  We may not get to break ground as soon as  I would like, but I am staying the course and stopping myself from browsing the internet on real estate websites.  I refuse to be tempted by all these dang cheap foreclosures any more.  You get what you pay for, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment