Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pyros

 We spent some time at the land this evening.  The boys working, the girls roasting marshmallows and enjoying the pile of wood that they had cut!

 It was a beautiful evening to have a little bonfire.  My kids are pyromaniacs.  The husband might be as well!
 Harper reported to me that she roasted her own marshmallow - all by herself....with no help, without Colin or Cameron or dad, by herself and nobody helped her.  :)

 Cam was adding supers to his hives tonight.  This is photographic evidence that he learned his lesson and was spraying the frames down with sugar water.  He will not be fooled twice by these bees!
 The boys did a little fishing.  Jim took a photo of Colin's huge catfish.  I will have to share it later because I do not know how to get it off Jim's phone.
The neighbor keeps bringing me garden vegetables (we are very blessed).  For several days now, he has come over here with cucumbers.  I have made every salad I can think of, creamed cukes, and even eaten some plain.  Today, Jim told me he loves dill pickle spears.  Who knew?  So I did something I have never done before and made pickles.  The OCD in me does not like pickle making....how am I supposed to know if these are good or not when they have to be sealed and not opened or touched for 10 days?  I like a little bit of instant gratification I guess.  I was reminiscing a little bit though, as the smell of dill filled the house and reminded me of all the pickles my grandma used to make.  I hope mine are a fraction as good as hers.  I made 8 jars....if the neighbor shows up here with more, I will make more because it was so easy.  Of course, if they are awful, then we will be giving them away as Christmas gifts or something!

No comments:

Post a Comment