Friday, August 2, 2013

Goin' to the Douglas County Faaairrrrrrr

 We made a trek up to the Douglas County fair to watch the cousins show their steers.  They all did a great job and it was a nice cool morning so we appreciated that!  I told the kids in order to get lunch, they would have to pass a quiz including how each of their cousins did during the show.  It worked....or mostly worked - they knew what color the steers were that the cousins were showing, as well as how they placed --- we will be working on breeds next time.  :)  I promise, they all ate!



 I will be the first to admit I know nothing about showing beef cattle.  To me they all look tasty!
 You can't really love on a 1500 pound steer, but you can definitely make friends with the goats!  They beg for people to love them!



 And everyone in the world should have a pet teacup pig.  Or at least that is what Preston thinks!
 I don't know what this thing is.....but he asked me to take his photo.  (He really did).  The kids had a great time in the petting zoo.....
 and Quincy announced she can't wait to see Father Kip on Sunday to tell him she got to touch an African tortoise.  He keeps mentioning Africa, and we think he misses his homeland.....nice of her to think of him!
I love the county fair!  So many good memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment