Friday, August 23, 2013

Back to school 2013

 I love to take a photo of all my kids together on the first day of school.  Yes, I know Saige is missing, but a summer of sleeping in did not make her in a good mood when we got her up early this morning.  She was inside being grouchy with daddy!  The kids were a little glum yesterday, but all of them seemed really excited this morning about going back.  Might as well embrace it.....you can't get out of it!  
 Quincy was ultra pumped because she could change her earrings this morning.  Hey, whatever it takes to motivate you to get up and going!  She asked me to take photos of the new earrings she picked out yesterday to match her back to school outfit!
 Quincy is in 2nd grade this year.  She has good old Mrs. Heffner.  Mrs. Heffner was my first grade teacher and has had every one of our kids so far.  She is wonderful.  Although I did think it was pretty funny Wednesday when it was meet your teacher day and Quincy said "WHY do we have to go meet Mrs. Heffner?"  I guess she felt we were already familiar with her?  :)

 Preston is in Mrs. Arb's 3rd grade class this year.  He is pretty excited about riding the bus to Scranton and going to a different school.  I hope Scranton doesn't disappoint!


 And there is Cameron.....8th grade this year.  He wanted his back to school photo to be of him jumping in the air and clicking his heels together in his fancy back to school outfit he picked out himself.  After multiple tries, we decided he either doesn't jump high enough or I am a worse photographer than we thought!  He is most proud of these pin striped golf pants we found on clearance for $3.60.  
 I admit to being a little teary eyed over sending Mallory and Madison off to their last first day of high school.  I am proud of them.  They are enrolled in college classes for dual credit this year, and it is paid for because their grade point averages are high.  They are great kids, I am still amazed at how fast the past 12 years have flown by though!

Colin - sophomore year.  He is happy to no longer be a freshman and so happy to be playing football which he loves.  School is not his favorite thing in the world to do, but he still does it well.  He is excited about taking a cabinet making class this year, and is planning to make Preston a bearded dragon condo!  
My hope for this year is that we can all remember how blessed we are to be in a good school district getting a quality education.

No comments:

Post a Comment