Saturday, January 11, 2014

Preston's first basketball game

 Preston played his first official game today.  He has played basketball for a couple of years, but never on a team where they keep score and have real referees.  He was so nervous and excited!  His game was in Americus.  I got to learn something new today, because I had no idea where Americus was located.  I actually followed Preston's coach to the game, but it was not hard to find, so I think we would have been ok!  Preston got to be the jump ball dude.  Ok, I don't know much about basketball, and I thought that the center was usually the jumper, but he went on to play point guard, so I am clueless.

 Preston is number 4.  He seemed like he knew what he was doing, and as point guard was even calling out plays, which I must say I was impressed with.
Preston's team had 4 points today -little kid basketball is a bit on the low scoring side.  It was actually kind of sad, they has 4 points the whole game and were leading.  With a minute left, the other team tied it up, and with 19 seconds left, they made another basket, making the score 6 to 4  They were disappointed to lose.  Preston did have 2 points.  :)
 Preston's team only has 5 players, so he is definitely going to get a lot of playing time this season!

 I realize that these are some high quality photos.  Try not to be jealous of my mad skill!

While I was in Americus, Jim attended Colin's wrestling tournament in Rossville.  I heard that Colin had an impressive pin over a kid from Effingham.  Jim's text said he was a proud dad!  Colin told me that he thought he could have done better, as he went 3 and 2 for the day and took 6th place.  I couldn't be prouder of my kids no matter how they do!

1 comment: