Friday, January 10, 2014

Weird wrestling

 Colin had his first meet after the break on Tuesday evening.  It was a double dual at Burlington.  For those of you who know me, you know I have come to really enjoy wrestling.  If I was being honest, I would add that part of the reason I like it is because there is no place on earth with better people watching.  The people of wrestling could do a little bit of a competition with the people of walmart.  I have thought of dedicating an entire blog to that, but somehow I have always been a bit intimidated at the thought of taking their photos!
 Colin (in red) had a rough time in his first match.  We have been watching this kid wrestle for years, and it was the first time I ever heard him yell out in pain during a match.  Not to say he hasn't been hurt before, but he is not a screamer or a wimpy kid.  There was some illegal leg locking going on and he said it hurt and he couldn't breathe.  Colin's coach is one of the nicest, easiest going people alive, and he was furious.  Colin put up a good fight anyhow, but ended up losing the match.




During the second part of the night, the fire alarms started going off.  Everyone sat in their seats because we all assumed that some kid had pulled an alarm and they would shut it off soon.  After a few minutes, we noticed that there was smoke coming in and the police arrived to evacuate the school.  We heard that it was someone not using the popcorn machine properly!  
Colin won his second match with a pin.  That was way more fun to watch!
After the fire drill, apparently tensions we running a little bit high, and the fans got into a little brawl.  My husband may have gotten in on the action.  Luckily, no actual fighting occurred, and nobody was kicked out.  It was definitely an interesting, and entertaining night!  I can't help but wonder what will happen next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment