Sunday, January 26, 2014

Winter weekends

 Our weekends look like a bizarre blur of basketball, and wrestling.  Quincy had a game Saturday, and while we were there, Jim was watching the high school wrestling team in Council Grove.  I never thought I would say this, but thank God for texting, because it is nice to know how things are going with the other kids... and I am not sure how much actual face time I get with Jim on weekends, so it is a good source of communication!  (Only partly kidding here).  

 Colin's wrestling team took first place in a super dual among some much larger schools.  The schools may be larger, they may have more kids on their team, but our boys have more heart I would guess!  Colin was 4 and 1 for the day and his team was thrilled to be in first place.  They are excessively proud of the "cool trophy they get to present to the school for the trophy case."  Or so I was told -- several times!  
I will go on record here and say I love this photo (which I stole from a fellow wrestling mom's facebook page).  Colin's coach is a great guy.  I love how it looks like he is hugging his boys!  It is cool to see a man in a role like wrestling coach who genuinely cares about these kids.  

Other news - we signed a contract to sell our land.  It may have been the hardest decision that we have ever made.  We loved the land - truly.  I always felt it was like a gift from God that we were allowed to own it.  The thing is though, that when it was all said and done, we just could not make building happen.  We had a hard time with construction loans, and we had a hard time trying to find something to build that was both affordable and comfortable for our family.  We failed.  And it was depressing.  And then, last week we found a place in the country that was everything we ever wanted and more....we didn't get that particular place but our eyes were opened to the fact that if we let one dream go, we could fulfill it in another way.  And so with tears in our eyes, we agreed to sell the land to the neighbor.  The neighbor was overly generous and even treated us to dessert!  I think the deal will be final very soon, as they are wanting to move quickly.  And so we search.  And hope that the people who bought "our" house are abducted by aliens.  And search some more!    Today I drug Jim to an open house, and we toured another house that we both really liked.  The kids just roll their eyes.  I am starting to think I should pursue a career in real estate.  I am getting pretty good at finding properties to look at, and I really enjoy walking through other people's houses.  I may even be sad when we find the perfect place because I will need a new hobby!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment