Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Critters

I went outside to take a couple photos of Curley because in the past few days, she had miraculously started walking on her leg again.   I am no X-ray tech, but I could clearly see the break in her shoulder.  I am thankful that we did not rush to amputate her leg 

Because as you can see, she is using it again.  I do not know what the future holds for this little goat, but we love her and she is worth trying to help!   She is a menace, but she is our friend!  
Of course, if you try to photograph one goat, the others get jealous so you have to snap their photos too! 
Blitz is the best dog I have owned since we had OJ back when I was a kid.  She listens, is learning to follow commands, kennels herself at night when she is told, and is super sweet with the kids.   She is NOT a good help with the pigs, but we all have our faults, right?   She doesn't hurt them, but she has to be put in when we walk them because she loves barking at them!  We do love her.  I think she is growing up to be a really good girl for our family.  I am super pleased with her! 


The pigs have been a bit of a challenge.  I think we have finally discovered how they were escaping!  I get a kick out of Abraham Stinkin who hangs around with her tongue out!   Colin said he doesn't want to name his pig, so we just call her nameless pink girl!  
We had ducks growing up, but I didn't remember how fast they grew up!  If you look close, you will see a little red chicken in the duck pen.  I have moved her in with the chickens several times, but she always escapes and stands at the duck pen cheeping.   She honestly thinks she is a duck.  She even likes to play in the water!   My favorite is still the Mohawk duck.  I do not know a single thing about ducks, nor do I know what breed these are!   I do know they are messy and loud!  And that Quincy and Preston are completely in love with them! 
I was trying (unsuccessfully) to snap a couple photos of the poor old hens.  The rooster we got rid of pecked their feathers off!   They seem happier since Loudy's departure!  I admit that I do not miss his early morning crowing or his running at me whenever I walk by!  

No comments:

Post a Comment