Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Summer adventures began today

I promised the kids if I came home from work to find their chores done, we would have a fun afternoon activity.   We brainstormed activities and came up with a list.  Today's activity was a dodge ball tournament.  The kids accomplished finishing chores and so we set out to play some dodge ball this afternoon.  After a while, Ray the cat came by.  I noticed that she no longer looked pregnant, and so we went kitten hunting.  It didn't take long to find her one kitten that was in the hay!   The kids were so excited.  

This afternoon we went to a beginning band meeting for Preston. He is sure excited about joining band next year and taking some trumpet lessons this summer.  I was thrilled because I already owned a trumpet left from Colin's band days.  We do have to have a little work done on the trumpet, but overall it will be much, much cheaper than buying a new trumpet! 
We also received Cameron's summer league basketball schedule.  He is really happy with his choice to play summer basketball instead of baseball this year. 
And last but not least we built a potato stack today.  I am hoping it will produce many potatoes and save me a ton of digging in the fall!  The kids enjoy playing  in the dirt, and we have an abundance of manure around here!  

No comments:

Post a Comment