Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Strawberry day

We recently learned about a strawberry farm outside of Lawrence.   It is called Wohletz farm.  They have strawberries and tomatoes.   
We decided that we should go pick some berries today!  
Despite the lady's slogan of "sample not supper" Quincy probably ate more berries than she put in her box!  It is a pesticide free farm though....so no worries.  
The berries are some of the best ones I have had in a long time.  I was reminiscing with the kids about how my grandma always had a strawberry patch. We would "help" her pick them and make  strawberry jam.  The best memories I have of grandma are always in the kitchen!  
When we got home the kids helped me make jam. 
My very favorite part was eating the foam on toast while grandma put the rest of the jam in jars.   I am in heaven over having a bowl of foam to share with the kids!  It's the little things in life that become the best memories!  
We also have jam to eat and strawberries in the freezer for having strawberry treats later!  It was a great day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment