Sunday, February 14, 2016

What we do for Valentine's Day weekend


The holiday of love.  We have never really been big celebrators of it.  Mostly because it seems like it is smack in the  middle of cold and flu season and everyone is always sick. This year, we weren't sick but the whole weekend was absconded by basketball.  Friday evening, I got asked if I could either work at the after prom dinner, or provide a dessert for it. Since I wanted to watch Cameron play, and knew Preston had a game immediately afterward, I chose to make a dessert.  Saige and I had a great time baking Valentine sugar cookies.  She thinks she is a chef like Madison now!  
Cameron's team won their Friday night game against Osawatomie.  Cameron had a great game.  

From Cameron's game, we ran to Topeka to watch Preston.  His team has a lot of heart and a lot of hustle, but not a very good shooting percentage.  
Preston played well, but they came up short on points.  
Harper had a great time on Friday at her class party!  I love the rabbit Valentine bags!  
Saturday, Jim and I went to Royal Valley to watch a basketball tournament that Cameron's team was playing in.  Grace....I looked for your sister, but never saw her.  I also didn't get a chance to watch your neice or nephew play.  
Cameron's first game was against Rock Creek.  He had probably one of the best games I have ever seen him play.  I think he had 15 points, several steals, some amazing rebounds.  The boy was awesome.  The team didn't win, but this team beat them handily in the summer league, so I can tell that Cameron's team has improved a lot this season. 
In the second game, they played against St. Mary's.  It was a pretty ugly game and I am not sure too many positive things happened during it.  

It was a fun day, and I enjoyed having some time to hang out with Jim and watch Cameron play.  We also had a nice lunch together.  
Crazy kid had a game today.  She is really getting the hang of some of the plays as well as continuing to be pretty impressive on defense.  I have to say that I got a huge kick out of her boxing out a girl hard enough that the girl got called for traveling.  Maybe it isn't actually funny, but I have watched a lot of basketball and never really seen that happen.  
I have had the same Valentine since the early 90's. We may not have the most romantic things planned for Valentine's Day, but I wouldn't change a thing.  Life's little moments become the best memories.  I am a lucky girl.  

No comments:

Post a Comment