Thursday, February 4, 2016

Senior night at the Trail

It was the final dual of Colin's high school career.  His final meet at Santa Fe Trail high school.  It was a nice night, albeit a sad one for this mom.  
This kid has been wrestling for as long as I can remember.  It is an emotional sport. One in which you make good friends, learn about sacrifice, and one in which you know that your success or failure on the mat is all about you.  You determine the outcome.  No teammate can take the blame.  I learned a long time ago that wrestling also takes tough parents.  And I have gained a respect and love for this sport.  I couldn't be prouder of my kid. 
Four years of varsity wrestling.  Many years of club wrestling before that.  He has been dedicated, tough and hard working for years.  I know that his wrestling career will help him in his life.  I have been told that after you have wrestled, everything else is easy.  
There was only one round tonight.  Colin wrestled a kid from Silver Lake who is ranked highly.  He almost had him pinned at one point.  He didn't end up winning, but it was a great match.  
Great coaches, great friendships, great sport, have all truly blessed our family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment