Saturday, February 20, 2016

Regionals

Colin spent the last 2 days at his regional tournament.  This is the tourney which the top 4 kids go to state from.  He won his first match with a pin.  He went on to lose his second match in points.  He could not lose again.  He pinned his third opponent.  
Today, he had to win two matches to place.  He pinned a kid from Ottawa fairly quickly.   
His fan club was ready!   He had a match against a kid from Tonganoxie.  He looked really good to start the match.  
Then some illegal move happened and he was hurt.   He recovered.  But the next thing I knew, he had gotten pinned.  And just like that, Colin's high wrestling career is finished.   I would not be very honest if I said I didn't shed a few tears.  He wrestled so well.  He has had a great career and it was definitely not the way any of us wanted to see it end.  I could not be prouder of this kid.  So many years, so many great moments and memories.  We have met a lot of amazing people and learned so much along the way.  When Colin started wrestling as a little bitty boy, I could never have dreamed of the blessings it would bring us.  
Santa Fe Trail was the regional team champions.  Coach Erickson was named the regional coach of the year.  They are sending 8 kids to state next week.  I am proud of all of them and happy to  be Trail fan!  

No comments:

Post a Comment