Saturday, March 19, 2016

Last weekend of spring break

The Rotary Club asked the 4-H club to help at a consignment auction this morning.  In all honesty, they didn't have much for the kids to do.  And nothing for the parents to do, which means that some of the parents ended up with bidding numbers....and some of the parents got a little caught up in the excitement of bidding.  Ok so in no way was Jim guilty.  Preston got me started by begging for me to bid on this tiki  dude.  I didn't win.  That only wet my appetite.  Next thing I knew....
I was the proud owner of a big screen tv, a push mower, a rototiller, a couple weed wackers and some other goodies. In all honesty, when you grow up in a redneck family, auctions are like a fun stroll down memory lane.  Love you grandpa!  Also, the prices today were so low that Jim couldn't be upset!  
After a long morning of auctioning, we went with Grandma to the Brookside annual Easter egg hunt.  Due to pretty cold weather, there didn't seem to be very many hunters!  
Which meant the kids got a ton of candy!  And we had a nice visit with Aunt Geraldine.  

1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh! I LOVE a good auction when the prices are right. The tiki... my kids loved the pic of it after that ask- What is that? Looks like an Easter Island sculpture gone wrong! according to them!

    ReplyDelete