Thursday, March 10, 2016

School stuff.

Harper's class celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday last week by having wacky Wednesday!  She seemed to enjoy it and although the Dr is by far not my favorite author, I was amused with Harper bringing home some of his books and reading them to us.  
Her teacher has been awesome to share a lot of her little moments.  Harper really loves kindergarten and this week asked if she HAS to go to first grade next year!  
These two are inseparable.  Last year, they got into a lot of trouble together.  This year they have matured.  I haven't gotten a single phone call.  They do amuse, me I have to admit.  I got two texts this week.  The first one was from the cook at their school laughing about their crazy hats.  I was giggling about the amount of cool whip they hoarded on their breakfasts! 
The second text was from Quincy's teacher with a note that said "look! They can sit together and be quiet!"  It actually melts my heart that they are so close.  Landrie's momma is one of my best friends from all of our lives.  
This boy was selected to join National Honor Society.  I am pretty pleased with his academic performance.  
And this boy went through a lot of testing and was asked to be in the gifted program.  I have known for quite some time he was bright, but the test scores were pretty impressive.  We have signed all the paperwork, and he started into gifted classes this week.  He came home and said he felt like he would love the class. He said it felt good to be challenged. I am excited to see him grow and expand his education.   

No comments:

Post a Comment