Monday, April 18, 2016

My girls

Last week, I did a post I called "my boys."  Mallory gave me a lot of grief over the weekend because I didn't have a post featuring the girls.  So here you go Mallory!  
Mallory is kicking butt at Emporia State.  She is well on her way to making her dream of being an elementary teacher a reality and we are very proud of her.  She has the craziest schedule....when they told her to go out in the world and get experience, she took it to heart.  She is helping at a preschool in Olpe a couple of days a week, and volunteering in a first grade class in Topeka a couple days a week.  On top of her classes.  She has kept her job at Brookside on weekends, and  is the Employee of the Month!  She even had an article in the paper about her! 
Not to be outdone in the time management department, Madison is going to school full time and working more than full time.  She will be finished with her dietary management certificate in May, and is anxiously waiting to hear for certain whether she got into the pastry and baking program at Johnson County.  One thing that will sound weird, but I am very proud of, is Madison being a lot more social.  She has met some very nice people at Johnson County and I am happy to see her getting out more and having fun!  
Quincy had a hard day today, as the kitten she worked so hard to rescue passed away.  She takes things very personally!  She is soft hearted and has a real gift with animals.  
Harper is my main count down girl. She isn't only counting days until school gets out, she is also counting days until the pool opens for summer!  I am proud of how far she has come this year.  Some of the shyness is being replaced with self confidence!  
Saige is ornery and loves to antagonize her brothers. She starts speech this week, and is so excited about it, although I don't really know if she actually knows what speech is!  
Yesterday, we threw out a broken chair.  Preston decided to give Blitz the cushion as a bed.  Last night, I turned on the porch light and found this.  Apparently, Curley has given herself honorary dog privileges.  
I realize this has nothing to do with the girls, but Preston has a playing test in band tomorrow.  I got a huge kick out of him playing the trumpet and the peahens came running with their feathers puffed out.  Apparently, Preston's trumpet playing sounds like a peacock mating call!  He didn't find it as amusing as we all did!  

No comments:

Post a Comment