Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Official things.

Colin and I drove, and drove and drove a little bit further today to Great Bend.  We saw a bit of flooding from last night's storms, some cattle, the flint hills, more cattle, a wind farm, and a few more cattle.  
Whereas I find the flint hills to be beautiful, I forget that there is not really life west of Salina.  Luckily for me, Colin has an "amazing" selection of music downloaded on his phone and he "let" me listen to it the whole time!  It was nice to have a day to visit with him. 
It was worth the drive because we got so much accomplished.  Colin is now officially enrolled at Barton Community College.  He also has a dorm contract, a meal plan, financial aide all squared away, and committed to wrestling.   He also may have gotten a part time job.  I call that a successful trip!  He has a few more bits and pieces of paper to fill out, but at least the hard stuff is done.  
We also took a little bit of time to look around the city of Great Bend, which he didn't have time to do last time.  It has the feel of a small town, but the amenities of a big town.  I like it.  So does Colin.  
The high school was struck by lightening in the big storms of last night.  That meant the big boys were out of school.  Saige got to skip the drive to Great Bend, and instead hung out with Cameron all day.  She said he is a boring babysitter, since he only let her play on the tablet and not in the mud!  She was excited when Mallory got home and took her to the last official RE class for this year.  
I met them in time for the big celebration.  Harper, Saige and Quincy all got awarded for good attendance.  The award was a gift card to Sonic.  Harper acted like they handed her a million dollars.  Saige thought we were leaving right that minute to go to Sonic.  It will be a nice summer treat someday, but I am done with driving for the day!  
I will miss my 1st grade class, they are awesome little sweet peas, but I am definitely running low on motivation and am looking forward to summer break!  

No comments:

Post a Comment