Sunday, April 17, 2016

Nothing to do....

Colin had a double header last night in Osage City.  Jim went to watch while I was at Preston's band concert.  As is customary in the evenings here, before bed last night, we were talking about what we had to do today.  I told Jim I was afraid I was missing something because there was nothing written on the calendar for today.  We don't have blanks on our calendar.  Ever.   But after checking with both Jim and the kids, I was assured that it was true!  The coveted day off!  I immediately planned all of the cleaning that we could get done.  Cleaning that needs to be done before Colin's graduation.  Oh yes!  A day of deep cleaning and sorting and purging things for the 4-H garage sale  next week!  Perfect!  
Except my "crew" wasn't exactly excited with my plans!  They did help some, and we did make progress, but we are far from living in the better homes and gardens show place that I envisioned at the beginning of the day!   Oh well, maybe tomorrow!  It was a nice day with the younger kids.  I even took the time to snap a few photos around here!
I am super proud of our hatchlings.  They seem healthy, it is now impossible to tell which chicken had the crooked leg, and they are even starting to get feathers!  They are also pretty tame since a couple of little girls like snuggling with them!  I am pleasantly pleased.  
What do you do with an old, broken trampoline?  Make a throw back of course!  We are innovators here at our house!  Innovators who I guarantee the people who live in town are happy moved!  
Took a few critter pics.   I love our dog.  She is such a good girl.  
Quincy loves her babies.  She has done an excellent job of taming them down and making them friends.  I fear there are going to be tears in August when this one goes through the auction!  
And possibly some tears over this friendly  pig who I call "Red."   He is a funny little dude. 
We had a bit of cat drama.  As usual around here.  We have sister barn cats named Jack and Rae.  Rae had one kitten about 2-3 weeks ago.   Last week, Jack had 3 kittens.  Rae has for some reason decided she wants to take care of Jack's babies.  She has been nursing them and keeps moving them.  It is the strangest thing I ever saw!  Needless to say, her kitten is hungry and now it has a weird hole on its back (I wonder if she attacked it?).  Soooo being the softhearted people we are, we brought Rae's baby inside and have doctored it's back and are feeding it with a bottle.  It is a cute little kitten who is going to need a home because I  am not interested in another house cat.  If it lives that is!  
When evening rolled around, the wind died down.  How do you celebrate a day of nothingness?  With a giant fire of course!   Jim is the king of building a big fire!  
Patiently waiting for it to die down so they can roast marshmallows!  
I loved having a "day off!"   

No comments:

Post a Comment