Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy 2017!



We had a pretty uneventful New Year's Eve around here! Quincy had basketball practice. She had decided these socks she got from her Godmother Grace are her basketball socks. She had a theme going on for practice!



Since her practice was in Scranton, the littles all decided they had to go along. The new playground equipment in Scranton is just too good to pass on! It has been pretty nice outside while the kids were on break, but the wind yesterday made the 40 degree sunshine a little colder than playground playing weather! The girls still had fun sliding and zip lining and Preston had fun shooting hoops on their new, very nice outdoor basketball court.







Friday, I had the day off. I forced the kids into a day of cleaning. They were reluctant to help and spent a lot of time doing anything except cleaning. Which is why I am including the above photo. Preston was supposed to be running the vacuum cleaner. He stuck the hose on his face. He has the mark of his unhelpfulness upon his cheek. :)




There are certain days of the year that make me really miss my grandma. New Years is one. She always had all of her siblings and my Kansas City cousins down for a huge party. It started on New Year's Eve and ran through New Year's Day. She had games, played cards, and amazing food. Not having her here with us makes the holiday feel less fun to me. But we did celebrate last night with out kids. Madison cooked enough snacks for an army and the kids "performed" some dances they made up. It was a fun evening. We missed having Colin around, as he was wrestling in Fremont Nebraska yesterday. I am happy to say he had a pin for his first college win!





Quincy and Slice sort of look like they had a very large party last night!
I am excited to see where 2017 will take us! New Year, new adventures with my tribe!



No comments:

Post a Comment