Sunday, January 22, 2017

Sunday- who doesn't love one?




My friend Adreinne is remodeling her kitchen. She asked me if I wanted a couple of things she was getting rid of. She brought me a couple of platters and threw in this lamb cake pan. Of course we had to bake a lamb cake just to show how awesomely it works! I know the pan is old, but I think they put less cake mix in a box these days. The lamb turned out but was a little thin! It didn't stop the kids from eating the whole thing!






Preston was playing with the dog. He asked her if she wanted to become a doggy burger. She was horrified! She is no longer speaking to him.




When Colin was about 8 years old, he came home from school one day and told me he wanted to wrestle with his friend Ethan. We had no experience with wrestling, no idea what we were agreeing to. Ethan's dad was the club coach, and agreed to let Colin come to practice for a couple of weeks to see if he liked it before we paid for it! Colin practiced in his socks because I was sure that he would hate it and buying him shoes would be a waste of money. Colin loved it. And after a while we did too. Watching Colin grow up with a group of boys who became like family was honestly one of the neatest things I have ever experienced. It is 10 years later and Ethan and Colin are still wrestling together. Today they wrestled in the Kansas Cup. Ethan placed 3rd and Colin placed 6th. I am proud of both of them. I am also thrilled that Colin has such a great friend!






Grandma was at the feed store and asked what they were going to do with this old display. They said they were going to throw it away. Well that just couldn't happen. Quincy is pretty excited about her new giant chicken. The kids decided it needed to sit in front of the window like a Christmas tree. There is never, ever a dull moment inside this house.





No comments:

Post a Comment