Thursday, January 19, 2017

Things on Thursday




It's "N" week at Saige's preschool. She made this cute nest. And just to show what an amazing parent I am- who is totally up to date on things, I helped her find her octopus to take for show and tell. Was I oblivious, or a whole week ahead? Who knows!




My Preston keeps life entertaining. Today I got a nice email from the school, and a not so nice one. Guess which kid got the nice one? That's right! This kid! He was asked to present his reading project to the school board. It was a pretty good project I guess! This morning I drove his bus. I was listening to the radio. I was having a hard time finding a station that would stay tuned in. It ended up on country music. When we go to the part of the route where I have 6th graders on the shuttle bus, Preston informed me he hated country music and that it was number one on his list of things he hates. I asked what was on the rest of the list. Tonight he presented me with the entire list. He makes me laugh.


Top 25 Things I Hate 
25. The State of Missouri 
24. Hypocrites
23. Octagons
22. Autobiographies
21. Miley Cyrus
20. Disney Channel 
19. SUVS 
18. DMVS
17. Clowns
16. The State of Alabama
15. The Golden State Warriors
14. Oklahoma City Thunder
13. Donald Trump 
12. Monday's
11. Small Playground Equipment 
10. The Name Geoff
9. Emojis
8. Osage City 
7. Kansas University 
6. The last piece of the loaf of bread
5. Kansas City Chiefs 
4. When I get a knot in my shoelace
3. The news channel 
2. Bad weather 
1. Country music 

Of all the things to hate, this list is pretty good I guess.
The not so nice email was for a different kid. The one who is a 5th grader. Apparently she and her bff need to learn some self control. She has been adequately punished and says she will fly right. I don't make excuses for her. Bad behavior is bad behavior. I will say that sometimes I feel schools don't focus on the things that actually matter. The ridiculousness sometimes gets the better of my patience level.



No comments:

Post a Comment