Monday, October 21, 2019

Footbal and stuff

On Thursday, Quincy's team traveled to Prairie View (La Cygne) for a game against the Buffalos.  When driving to Prairie View, one must leave a few hours early, because it is a stupid long way!  Evie and GG were happy that I was driving the bus, because they got to spend some time together that way!  :)

While I was at the game, a friend of Saige's mom sent me this adorable photo of Saige and her besties.  This is a really nice group of girls and I am thankful that Saige has them to grow up with!

Quincy's team is undefeated in league play, and I was amused that the coach was telling them this would be their toughest game yet.  They would need physical and mental toughness if they even had a chance at winning.  He asked for them to be quiet on the bus and really concentrate on what they needed to do to win.  I say I was amused because I have never seen these boys (or girls) sit still and think - ever....about anything!  :)  They still managed to put a pretty good hurtin' on the buffalos, winning 38-6.







Friday evening, Preston's marching band played during halftime of the high school game.  I was working in the band's booth and I asked Harper if she would take some pictures of Preston for me.  She took my phone and walked away.  I got some pictures of the band, but none of Preston.  She literally said "how was I supposed to know where he was at?"  Good family support!  :)

My friend Dusty and I were putting away all of the stuff from the band booth and I jokingly said that I would trip and fall and since I would be hurt, and she would be my  nurse, we wouldn't have to finish.  Quincy caught right on to this, and did a fake fall.  Except she was so convincing, I started to think she was actually hurt.  Little turkey.

The junior high teams were recognized during halftime of the high school game.  Luckily, I have friends in high places who take pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment