Friday, October 4, 2019

its just life

Quincy's team played Burlington last night.  The temperature literally dropped 50+ degrees in the last day, so we were freezing and the game was tied first at 0 and then at 8 for the entire game.  I was starting to panic thinking about sitting outside longer for overtime, when the little turkeys somehow got a turnover and made a touchdown.  I was very pleased!  The team was happy because they won, the parents were happy - some because they won, but I would say most of us were just happy to go to the car where we could run the heater.  (Jim may have a different opinion but I wasn't listening because my ears were frozen shut).  

Quincy told me she was happy because she was really cold!  She didn't take my advice of finding her tights and a long sleeve underarmor seriously.  It is life - live and learn right? 


I mentioned in a post earlier this week how proud I was of the things my big guys are doing.  During the game I had a couple of texts.  One from Cameron saying he had presented a commendation.  He is doing amazing things on the KSU senate and really enjoying himself.  

In addition to going to school full time, and being active on the student senate, and being a super-fan of KSU sports, he is also working 2 jobs.  One of them gets him home at 2:30 in the morning.  He sent this picture and said Friday mornings are a little bit rough around the edges.  I am definitely too old to keep up with his schedule!

The second text I got at the game was from Colin.  He took first place in the lineman bootcamp he was attending this week.  He was so excited.  This allowed him to choose his own location.  He will be moving to Wichita in a few weeks.  He works so hard.  I am always proud of him.  I know that Wichita is a little bit of a drive, but it is a totally doable one, and we adore the woman he is trying to build a life with, so I can't be sad about him moving!  Colin also said that his Topeka foreman told him if he ever wanted to transfer back, he would have a job.  Life is changing for us a little bit, but I think they are positive changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment