Wednesday, November 27, 2019

We rocked the 2 day week!



Having a 2 day school week was exceptionally exciting for the kids (and for their mom).  Monday night, Quincy had a game at Anderson County.  Her team is pretty good, and so were the girls from Anderson county.  They had to earn the win for sure.  The team stopped in Ottawa to eat.  The jr. high doesn't always stop, and I understand, but I also think that the late night trip to eat a meal together is a part of the experience and I am glad they go to do it.  The girls had a great time hanging out and laughing together.  It made for a very late night though!



Not that getting back late mattered too much, since Tuesday at school was a day to mess around.  Saige's class made snacks for themselves and watched a movie.  



Harper's class had crafts and a special lunch with their bolt buddies.  The junior high kids seemed to be just messing around too.  I think they all had fun days!
Cameron and Lauren got snow on Friday last week.  Cameron quit his job as a bouncer, and is only working at Texas Roadhouse now (I am so thankful).  He said this was basically the first Friday he hasn't worked since he moved there. So he had date night with Lauren.  Of course, nothing about Cameron is ever quite how the rest of the world would do it.  He and Lauren drove to Manhattan hill, and scraped the snow off the H and A off so that it said "HA" and then ate at Wendy's.  It is good he is dating someone who enjoys his amusing ideas!


Speaking of date  night, I had a great time with these 2 last night!  It is so rare that we have only one child!  Harper and Saige spent the night with Mallory.  Preston had a band pizza party.  That left Quincy to hang out with us!  I desperately wanted to get my errands done, so that I did not have to go back to town during the break!  We made several stops and even braved Sam's club (it was awful busy).  Quincy then asked Jim if we couldn't take a break and go get Taco Bell.  I don't know how many people know this, but Jim LOVES taco bell.  LOVES IT!  He didn't even think twice, just pulled straight into their parking lot for a little pre-Thanksgiving grocery shopping high quality dinner!  We did manage to knock off my entire list of errands, made it home and got everything unloaded before it started to rain.  Unfortunately, Harper called me from Mallory's house crying because she broke her glasses.  The glasses she was wearing were the back up pair, as the good pair are laying under a roller coaster at World's of Fun.  I guess I am going to town again today!  I should never, ever, ever think I am going to get to stay home!





No comments:

Post a Comment