Friday, November 8, 2019

little moments

I talk a lot about how crazy life is.  And I am not lying about that.  But amongst the craziness and chaos, I believe our children are thriving.  This week there was an assembly for 4, 5 and 6 grades.  Harper got 2 certificates.  One was for being on the honor roll, and one was for perfect attendance.  She told me she was surprised she hadn't missed any days, and that the time was going so fast, she didn't realize the quarter was even over!  Harper is a kid who is shy, and has anxiety if you point out too much about her.  She likes to blend in to the background and she likes to go off by herself and work on little projects that she invents or she is holed up reading.  I am proud of her for working hard this year in school!  Sometimes it is hard to be the shy, quiet, reserved kid in a big family of chaos!  I am thankful for the kid that she is, and for blessing my life.  


This was a 3 game week for Quincy.  Last night was in Burlington.  Quincy had some great plays and I am proud of her for always working hard.  They won by a lot.  At one point on the bus ride home, I heard all the girls explode with laughter.  When the coach asked what was going on, half of them just responded "Quincy!"  Coach said "Quincy what did you do now?....Never mind I don't want to know!"  The other coach is a 1st grade teacher.  She asked me what happened that Harper and Saige are so sweet and quiet and then there is Quincy!  :)  We don't have a good answer for that, but most of the time it is hard for me to get mad at her because she makes me laugh.  


Heading into the weekend feeling a little like I got hit by a truck.  Unfortunately, I don't think it will be one of those quaint, relaxing weekends because we have some projects to tackle.  I do love a  good project!  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment