Sunday, November 17, 2019

Reunited












I don’t know how many people will remember the last litter of puppies we had back in February.  There was one pup that Saige got incredibly attached to.  Jim and I were at wits end trying to figure out how we could give her some peace over it, but we just did not want another dog.  After a lengthy discussion with my cousin, the decision was made that Janet would take the dog home, and she would document his life, and Saige was promised visitation.  I figured she would sort of forget after a few weeks.  I would be wrong. Janet has kept up her end by posting many photos a month.  Saige always gets so excited to see the dog she loves.  She even still refers to him as “Fello” even though we have told her 100 times Janet named the dog Chief.  
Que Saige’s birthday.  I asked what she wanted....thinking about how many slumber, bowling, skating, bon fire parties we have had over the years.  Oh no.  She didn’t want any of that.  All she wanted was new chapstick, and a trip to KCMO to see “her” dog.  I texted Janet and she said absolutely!  I took Saige to visit today. I tried to explain that it has been 7-8 months since we saw the dog last, maybe he would not remember her.  She frowned and said “Mom, he LOVES ME!”   She wasn’t wrong. The dog nearly knocked her down licking her face and was clearly so excited to see her.  It really felt like he did remember!   They had a great afternoon of playing, eating dog treats she brought, and getting reacquainted.  Saige got a little choked up when we left, but Janet promised her that she could come back!   I am happy she had this opportunity!   
Also, not to be left out, Colin moved to Wichita today.  He starts in his new job tomorrow.  He is pretty excited about this new chapter of his life.  We are so proud of him!  

No comments:

Post a Comment